Why participate in Art related after school activities:
1. Because you enjoy it. If you don’t actually enjoy art, then you shouldn’t participate in these activities. Especially when spots are limited.
2. To challenge yourself.
3. To meet different people with the same interests.
4. High school prep- After school activities look good on high school applications. Especially if you are a student who wants to pursue Art. High schools want to see that you go above and beyond in art, just being in art class is not enough. You need after school art activities, volunteer work related to art, and entries into art contests.
Schedule of Art Clubs:
1. Graphic Art Club- Fall 2012
14 weeks/ 2:30- 4pm each Monday
Begins- Monday September 10, 2012
Ends- Monday 10, 2012
1. Phoebe L. -6th grader (4th p.)
2. David Q. 7th grader (3rd p.)
3. Meaghan H. 7th grader (3rd p.)
4. Ben R. 7th grader (not currently in my class)
5. Kayleen Patel. 8th grader (5th p.)
6. Shelby Triplet . 7th grader (not currently in my class)
7. Sophia Moore. 8th grader (5th p.)
8. Naimya C.
9. Mackenzie J- 6th grader (4th p.)
10. Trevor B.
11. Tiffany T. 7th grader (not currently in my class)
12. Mark G.
13. Mae S.
Graphic Arts club will have both structure and creative freedom. I am open to hearing what the students want to create using our graphic design software, but I also want students to participate in at least one contest throughout the duration of the fall semester.
2. Photography- Fall 2012
8 weeks/ 2:30- 4pm each Thursday
Begins- Thursday September 13, 2012
Ends- Thursday November 1, 2012
1. Jenna E. – 6th grader (4th p.)
2. David Q-7th grader (3rd p)
3. Natalie O-6th grader (not currently in my class)
4. Ben R.- 7th grader (not currently in my class)
5. Drew W. 8th grader (5th p.)
6. Elizabeth Fields (not currently in my class)
7. Neha B.
8. Cora K.
Exact description will be added later, I am looking into having a visiting artist for this particular club.
Students must have their own Camera and USB (talk to me if you do not have one)
3. Wood Surface Figure Paintings- Fall 2012
6weeks/ 2:30- 4pm each Monday
Begins- Monday September 24, 2012
Ends- Monday October 29, 2012
1. Logan C. 8th grader (5th p.)
2. Jayla Langford
3. Jamie H.
4. Mariam (7th grader-3rd p.)
5. Garrett B.
6. Molly M. 6th grader
7. Jessie N.
8. Sister of Jessie N.
$ 15, this will cover the cost of wood panels, quality paint, wood stain/varnish, and proper hanging methods
As an alternative to paper and canvas, students will be using wooden panels as their art surface. The focus of this will be gesture drawings with exposed wood surface, combined with intense coloring of the flesh. As a result, students will produce a mixed media figure painting.
4. Jewelry Making- Fall 2012
2weeks/ 2:30- 4:30 pm each Thursday
Begins- Thursday November 8, 2012
Ends- Thursday November 15, 2012
1. Jenna E. – 6th grader (4th p. )
2. Brooke B- 6th grader (2nd p.)
3. Natalie O.- 6th grader (not in my class)
4. Jayla Langford
5. Charolette M
6. Claire M.
7. Katie W.
Students will create at least one necklace using simple hardware items, paint and ribbon.
5. Installation Art-Spring 2013
6. Claymation- Spring 2013
TBD- Hoping to find a visiting artist to help with this workshop
*** Note that the spring clubs and workshops are not yet finalized, more will be added towards the end of the fall semester.
1. Natalie O. 6th grader (not in my class currently)
7. Graphic Arts- Spring 2013
1. Garrett B.
2. Cora K. 6th grader.
Photography- Spring 2013
1. Jamie Hue.
Wood Painting Spring 2012
1. Katie Walker-8th